Above each underlined adjective, write another that gives more information. The first is done as an example.
1. The good salesperson won a good prize for having a good sales record.
2. The bad driver made a bad decision when he went the wrong way.
3. Voyager II made a nice discovery about Neptune’s rings.
- The deserving salesperson won a generous prize for having the highest sales record.
- The careless driver made a rash decision when he went the wrong way.
- Voyager II made a historic discovery about Neptune’s rings.
This quiz is for logged in users only.
Look at these sentences. For each one, cross out the adjective that CANNOT be used with the noun in bold to form a collocation.
1.It was possible to build up a small scene, though a large / big / number of cut-outs were required to do this.
2.Now it has become a Hollywood icon, with earnings of over 6.3 billion dollars and numerous / plentiful / countless films awards.
3.Many features of the film were seen as outstanding/ irreplaceable/ excellent.
4. It is considered to be one of the most extensive/ significant/ noteworthy achievements in the history of film animation.
5. This helped to enhance the appeal of one of the film’s central/ primary/ main characters.
6. Many scenes took place underwater and relied on a certain/ particular/ sure level of brilliance and clarity throughout.
7. Yet cinema audience have increasingly high/ tall/ great expectations.
2 plentiful 3 irreplaceable 4 extensive 5 primary 6 sure 7 tall