Do the following writing task. Follow the essay submission procedure.
An English-speaking friend is coming to study in your town next year has written asking for information and advice. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
-Offer to find a place for him / her to live
-Give advice how to find a part-time job
-Give information on where they can learn your language.
Begin you letter as follows: ‘Dear …………………,’
You should write at least 150 words.
Although in the exam you will have 20 minutes for this task, you should treat this as an activity and spend about 40 minutes doing it. Before you write, you should:
- Analyse the question. (1 minute)
- Read the letter in Activity 3 again carefully and use it as a model. (5 minutes)
- Brainstorm as many as you can. (2 minutes)
- Make plan for the letter. Decide how many paragraphs you will need and choose ideas from the list you have just brainstormed. (2 minutes)
- Prepare the vocabulary (use your dictionary if necessary). (10-15 minutes)
- Write the letter following your plan. (14 minutes)
- Check your work carefully for mistakes. (2 minutes)