Here’s another example of a task 2 question requiring a ‘problem and solution’ approach. Spend time brainstorming the question, and then write your composition, using language we have looked at during this lesson. Follow the essay submission procedure.
Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no special knowledge of the following topic.
Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basis and a large number of children play computer games.
What are the negative impacts of playing computer games and what can be done to minimize the bad effects?
You should use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
Use to the checklist below to assess your own writing.
- Introduction presents situation.
- The essay has a clear thesis statement.
- An appropriate structure is used, either block or chain
- Each paragraph has a clear topic sentence.
- The essay has strong support (facts, reasons, examples, etc.)
- The conclusion includes a summary of main points.
- Language is effectively use to signal/to transition from one idea to the next. (introducing problem, solutions, additional information, etc)